How To Make A Bloomer Loaf
Clive Morgan has sent me the following recipe for a bloomer loaf.
He adds the following footnote "This is my own recipe, it is a more healthy option than normal because of health issues".
Ok, must be good then ....
- 600 grams of white bread flour
- 350 ml of hand hot water
- 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 2 packets (14grams) of dried yeast
- 1 heaped teaspoon of granulated seasalt
- 3 table spoons of sesame or olive oil
- Pre Heat Oven to 50 to 70 degrees.
- Mix the contents with a spoon in a bowl.
- Empty contents on to a well floured work surface.
- Knead for ten minutes until the dough is not sticky.
- Oil a baking tray.
- Place the dough on the tray,cover with a cloth,put it into the pre heated oven.
- Turn off the oven, let the dough rise to twice its size.
- Remove from the oven, and pre heat it back to 50 to 70 Degrees.
- Re knead the dough for about 4 minutes.
- Put it onto the oiled tray.
- Shape the dough into a fat sausage shape.
- With a sharp knife,slash the top,about half of an inch deep.
- Put it back into the oven(do NOT cover).
- Turn the oven off, let the dough rise to twice its size.
- Turn oven to 230 degrees,leave the bread for 25 to 30 minutes,till brown.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.